Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happenings....

So this post is pretty random and definitely not in order! It has been a while, again, which explains the randomness:o) Also, I lost my good camera, again, but found it and that is why I am posting pics from there as well:o)

Sam's nephew Cody earned his Eagle and had his Eagle Scout of Honor this last Sunday. Almost all of Sam's brothers and sisters were there, which is rare, so we took the opportunity to take a photo. Kristi and her family are missing, as well as some in-laws and nieces and nephews. He has 8 brothers and sisters, which makes for HUGE family gatherings when everyone is there:o)

Change of scenery! This starts the camping pictures part of the post. My parents decided they wanted to go camping, but just for one night, so we decided to go with them. I wanted to see how the girls would do and use this as our trial run since it was only a one-nighter. Both of them did wonderful! Allie was such a good baby. I think she just needed a change of scenery as much as I did! I think she really enjoyed the fresh air as well! Anyway, this is a picture of Brooklee and Allie together. That is actually Brooklee's favorite blanket. She is such a good big sister (most of the time:o) and always wants to share with Allie...I just have to keep a close eye and make she she doesn't smother her! :o)

Here is a picture of Grandma and Allie while we were camping. Allie is actually wearing one of Brooklee's shirts. I guess while I was packing her stuff, her clothes were left on my bed instead of making it into the bag:o) I am still getting used to the packing for two kids thing!

Here is Brooklee showing me what she found on her nature walk with grandma. Don't you just love her outfit and hair? :o)

Grandma and Brooklee on their nature walk

Cute picture of Daddy and Brooklee camping...once again, don't you just love the clean clothes and face! Aaaw the joys of camping! The best part is that you don't have to care if your kids get dirty because there is no way to clean them anyway! This picture was taken after only being there a couple of hours. It looks like brooklee had been living in the forest for weeks!

We took Coree, Sam's niece, camping with us because her parents were out of town. Brooklee LOVES Coree! Mostly because she bosses Coree around and Coree will do anything she's told to do! Poor Coree probably won't want to be around Brooklee for that amount of time ever again! She is such a trooper!

This is just a cute picture of Allie. I found some pictures of Brooklee at this age and they look sooo much alike! I didn't think so until I had pictures to compare. I will have to post pictures of them at the same age, wearing the same outfits so everyone can see how much they look alike!

So Brooklee actually let me do her hair the other day! (Only because Phineaus and Ferb was on and she LOVES that show:o) I was able to do french braids! Okay, so it didn't last long because her hair is so short and thin, but it was cute while it lasted!

Ok, so this picture is really random, but it was one of the pics from the camera that I lost and I never posted my last belly pics before having Allie...actually I hardly posted any compared to what I did when I was pregnant with Brooklee. Anyway, so I found it and decided to post it for the record. And you wanna know something absolutely crazy? Looking at this picture almost, and I repeat, almost makes me miss being pregnant! Yes, having two kids really does make you go insane!!!!!

5 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

your girls are seriously gorgeous! I can't believe how BIG little Brooklee is!

Lindsey Jensen said...

You know what... I miss being pregnant too when I see picture of me!! I think we are all insane!! ;) I'm sad we missed the gathering on Sunday. I just don't know how well Bronson will do on a long drive like that these days (long for babies of course!) but we are definitly going to try and come up for Allie's baby blessing!! It will be great to see everyone and for everyone to meet Bronson!! I can't wait to meet both of your beautiful girls!!

The Strickland Family said...

I love the picture of Sam and Brooklee with her little face all dirty. She and Sam have the same smile in this picture.

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

So adorable. I love those camping pictures. We had the same dirty faces on our camping trip. Gotta love it.

Rheslie said...

I love that last picture of you! You are so tiny and then you have this awesome perfectly round tummy! I love it! It looks like you are having all kinds of summer fun! With that I say, Well Done!