Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Allie's Big Day...And More!!!

So it has taken me soooo long to publish this post! I get a little done, then have to get a sippy, or a bottle, or run to the store, etc. Anyone with kids knows how it goes! It has really taken me literally days to get this done. Anyway, Allie was blessed in church this last weekend and we had a lot of family come to town. It was really nice having everyone there.

We are lucky enough to have been assigned to the new building next to the temple and we love being able to see it every week. Every time we drive in to the parking lot Brooklee yells "temple!" and is sooo excited. Here is a picture of our little family at the temple.

We didn't really ever have time to take pictures of Allie in her blessing dress, so this is it for now. I am hoping we can just put her back in the dress in the next couple days and get some cute pictures:o) That might be cheating, but oh well!

She looks really silly in this picture, but i finally caught a smile so I decided to go ahead and post it anyway:o) Allie also had her 2 month check up on July 30th and here are the stats:

Height: 22.5 in (35th percentile)
Weight: 10lbs 12oz (15th percentile)

She is currently on the smaller side, which I don't expect to last long because that is how Brooklee started out. I never posted Brooklee's stats from her 18 month appt, but she was 95th percentile for height and 50 for weight. Speaking of Brooklee.....


Here are some of Brooklee's mad photography skills:o) She loves taking pictures and looking at them afterwards.

She wanted to take a picture of Allie, but got her feet instead:o)

And this is just a cute picture of my sweet little girl:o)

Now there is a story behind this picture of Brooklee on the table. I went out the back door the other day to get the mop and our back door knob has always had issues, but this time it locked me out when I shut the door behind me! I was freaking out because Allie was in her little chair where Brooklee could reach her. Brooklee loves her sister a little too much sometimes and smothers her, or else tries to feed her things that Allie shouldn't be eating. So I was so afraid to even run to the neighbors house because I was afraid of leaving Brooklee with allie. I could still see them through the back window. Brooklee even tried to unlock the door, but mostly she just thought it was funny that mommy was stuck outside! I took my chances and ran to the neighbors house to call Sam real quick. The neighbor came over and was able to get the back doors open with a screwdriver(good thing my blog is private! :o) and when we got there, Brooklee had climbed onto the table and brought her dolly and blanky along with her and was eating the ice out of the cup I had left on the table:o) I am just thankful that she left Allie alone while I was gone! That whole ordeal definitely got my adrenaline pumping!

This is yet another random picture, but when we were on our way back from Snowflake for my 10 year reunion (didn't take pictures and not much to blog about) we passed some floats that people had made for the 24th celebrations in Eagar and this was one of them! I thought it was awesome and had to take a picture. It was built on top of some type of motorized vehicle, but we couldn't really tell what it was. Whoever did it did an amazing job!

7 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

So glad we could make it for Allie's big day!! Your girls are so cute!!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

Super cute girls! That float is awesome. What is this about you getting your classroom ready? Are you teaching again?

Krista said...

I was at the parade that that float was in. Abe would actually stand up and then sit back down. There was a sign on it that said, "Stand up for freedom" It was amazing to see. I have pics of it standing and mid sitting. You're girls are adorable!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

That is so funny. If Curtis had his way we would have stopped at two but Heavenly Father knew better. Three isn't so bad yet but my mom is here too so I will have to get back to you in a few weeks when she leaves me. I love it so far though. They are all so sweet. How are you doing by the way? How is school going?

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

I was there at the parade and what is even more amazing is that he stands up! It is so cool!

The Strickland Family said...

It had to be quite a site driving down the road and seeing something like that. lol
Brooklee looks so innocent sitting there on the table with her dolly. I know you had to be totally frazzeled. I know I would have been.
Allie looks so much like Brooklee except for her dark hair. She is adorable.

Rheslie said...

I am a little in love with your family! You guys are the cutest and make me want to move back to the Valley so I can hang out with you...oh and do you think I could get a ride on Abe Lincolns lap sometime? That would be awesome!