Sunday, January 3, 2010

Accidents, Messes, and Christmas


So, let's go ahead and start with the accidents ;o) Ever since Brooklee was born, I noticed she had weak joints, just like her mother:o) Every time we change her or move her arms in any way, they pop. Well, one night ( this was back in November, I am just a bad blogger!) I was changing her into her pajamas, I hear a pop, and Brooklee starts screaming! It was aweful! She wouldn't move her arm at all, so I called Sam and had him meet me at the emergency room. They took a few x-rays and of course we sat in the room for a couple of hours before we ever heard anything, but come to find out, they sent the x-rays to a specialist because they couldn't tell exactly what was wrong...but the specialist couldn't tell either, so he told them to just bandage her up and, send her home, and have us watch and see what happens. The thing that confused them was that she wouldn't, or couldn't, move her arm at all. Anyway, here is Brooklee and Sam in the hospital room waiting:

Poor little baby was such a good sport throughout the whole thing, considering she was in pain the whole time!

Here is Brooklee bandaged up and home after the ordeal. She was all happy because they had given her tylenol with codine:o) Anyway, she went to bed that night just fine, even bandaged up, and then the next morning when we went to get her up, she was waving her arm around like nothing ever happened and had been fine ever since! All we can think is that maybe her arm popped back in on its own somehow. Either way, it is something I wish to never experience again!
Here is a picture of Brooklee and Santa! She wasn't too sure about him at first, but then gradually warmed up to him because he had her doll:)


I am so sad that I didn't get a lot of pictures of Christmas day. Brooklee didn't really get a whole lot, considering she really isn't old enough to care that it is Christmas. I know that she loves to play with kitchen sets, so I knew a long time ago that is what I wanted to get her....and she loves it! It is pretty much the main thing she plays with these days!

We also got her this rocking chair...she loves to sit on her Nana's rocking chair when she is over there, and this one looks a lot like it, so we had to get it for her!


And here is where the "messes" part of the post title comes in! Just tonight after having dinner with Sam's family, Brooklee was a mess, so Kasi (Sam's sister) gave her a bath. Well, we got her out, dressed and ready for bed, and we were talking in the bedroom and Sam and his dad were in the front room. I thought sam had Brooklee, and he thought I did...anyway, next thing I know, I hear a splash and I run into the bathroom and this is what I found! Brooklee playing in the water in her pajamas!

In this picture she is telling me "out" which is one of her new favorite words. I usually empty the water right after I bathe her, but just got caught up and didn't even shut the bathroom door! It was definitely a lesson for me! Well, I guess that about sums up what we have been up to, although I know I have missed a lot! Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday season!

2 comments:

DeWitts said...

Brooklee in the bath tub cracks me up. you have your hands full with her. So when do you find out what you're having? can't wait! I'm so excited for you. Happy New Year!

Curtis Family said...

We find out tomorrow! Yipee! Can't wait!!!