Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Grumpy...but it's a good thing

Brooklee is normally an extremely happy baby.  But the last few nights she has been pretty grumpy, but  for a good reason.  We think she is finally getting teeth!!!  They are just taking an aweful long time to finally cut through.  Poor baby is in pain, but mostly in the evening.  Really, though, she has been so much fun lately.  She rolls around all over the place and just wants to see everything that is going on.  I'm sure she'll probably start crawling here pretty soon, mostly because she just doesn't want to miss out on anything!  I am so excited because in just two days I will be a stay at home mommy!  I can't wait to be with my baby every day!   Although I am having such mixed emotions.  I am going to miss teaching soooo much.  I am having the hardest time cleaning out my classroom and saying goodbye to everyone.  I know that this is what I really want right now.  Anyway, here are some pictures (some random) of what we've been doing lately!



Sam was playing around with the camera and took this picture of him and Brooklee and I thought it turned out cute!

Brooklee is holding her bottle here! (it was quite a while ago, but I haven't posted in a long time!!!)

Here she is drinking out of a sippy cup!!!!

Last weekend Brooklee went swimming for the first time!  okay, so maybe she just sat and played in the water, but she absolutely loved it!  I am so glad because I want to spend a lot of time at the pool this summer!

Brooklee moves so much in her sleep like her daddy!  I find her in a different position in her crib every morning.  This is how I found her one morning.  The first thing I saw when I went in was her little foot sticking out of the crib!

We were playing around with the camera and got some really cute pictures of Brooklee

Another cute one of Sam and Brooklee

Isn't she just beautiful!!!!!

By the way, I celebrated my birthday on the day of my first Mother's day which turned out to be a really good day.  These were flowers and balloons from my wonderful husband.

And last of all I had to put this picture in.  It is my 5th grade class of 08-09 school year.  I got up on the roof of the school and took this picture for the year book.  I am going to miss it so much.  I can't believe it is over in 2  days!  One of the kids asked me the other day if I was going to cry on the last day of school.  I am not usually very emotional, but it seems like this is really bringing out the emotion in me so hopefully I won't embarrass myself on the last day of school!  I'll have to let you know how it goes!

5 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

Congrats on being a stay at home mommy! That is so exciting, I'm sure you will love every minute of it! She really is so adorable Emily! Hopefully when we come out in Sept for my baby shower we will get to meet her!

Jennifer said...

Cute pictures! Sorry she has been grumpy. You're right though, it IS good. Once she gets teeth she can start eating new things!
I hope you got my message on Mother's Day and your birthday. I left one :o)

DeWitts said...

Brooklee is adorable! You're going to have so much fun being home with her! I'm glad you got spoiled on your birthday and your first mothers day. Good luck saying goodbye to your class.

Can you give Sarah a hug for me and tell her i love her. This has to be so hard for the your whole family. Love ya!

Ashley said...

You're a great teacher, but you're also a great mommy! Good luck!

Braylee said...

Mrs. Curtis, you were a GREAT teacher and we all will miss and love you! Thank you SOO much for everything in school!