Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eventful Summer!

So we have had a pretty eventful summer so far.  The weekend school got out we went and stayed at the Point Hilton in Phoenix for Memorial weekend.  Sam's parents and his siblings and their families all went as well.  It was a lot of fun.  They have a water park there that is real fun.  Brooklee really enjoyed the lazy river!  She loved the water!  We also saw the Diamondbacks lose to the the Padres on Memorial Day, but it was pretty fun anyway.  We sat in a section that has all you can eat hot dogs, sodas, chips, and popcorn and let me tell you, that is definitely the way to go if you are going to a diamondbacks game!  Anyway, here are pictures of our little trip! Enjoy!

I love Brooklee's little bathing suit.  She is so white that we have to cover her up as much as possible.  Gotta love Old Navy!!!! :o)
This is the little floaty that we bought for Brooklee.  She would just sit back and relax in it!  But she also discovered that she liked the taste of pool water! Yuck!  She kept trying to drink it, so we had to prop her up so she would be farther away from it.  Notice the face she is making!  It is so dang funny!  She makes that face and then blows in and out through her nose!  I will have to post a video of her doing it...it is hilarious!

Brooklee loves to ride on Daddy's shoulders!  Daddy likes it until there is a loaded diaper!!!  :o)

Here are all the cousins that went that weekend


I promise you that this was all Sam's idea!  He thought it would be funny...he was right!

We really didn't get many pictures at the diamondback's game.  But here is Shawn and Gwen eating their cotton candy with Jo, Kasi and Arizona in the background!


I almost forgot!  We got Brooklee's ears pierced!  Okay, so I shouldn't say we because Sam wanted nothing to do with it, but I actually wanted to get them pierced a while back.  I was told before that her ear lobes were to small!   We got them done at wal-mart, which I wasn't too thrilled about at first.  But I called everyone in town and nobody really did infant ear-piercing except walmart, or else they were just too dang expensive.  So then I figured out that the ladies at walmart actually have a lot of experience because they really are one of the only places in town to get them done.  Plus, it only cost $11 including the earings!!!  You really can't beat that!  Anyway, here is a picture of Brooklee on my mom's lap just before the big event.  I think by the look on her face she knew it was coming!

Here is Brooklee after the piercing.  She cried a little bit but we gave her this toy and she stopped!  She has been fine ever since!  So one of my biggest reasons for getting her ears pierced was so people would know she is a girl.  They day after I got her ears pierced, we were at the water park and a guy came by and said "well look at this little guy!...oh wait, it's a girl!"  HELLO!  She is only wearing a pink swimming suit, a floppy white hat and has earings!  People are so dang clueless!  Oh well, what are you going to do!  I just smiled and went on my merry way! :o)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We are going to have to try those D-back seats. It sounds like an awesome deal!
Brooklee looks so cute with her earings!

DeWitts said...

Brooklee is adorable. Love her swimsuit and her earings. Looks like your summer has started off just right. And you are right people are just so clueless when it comes to knowing if your baby is a boy or girl. When Cooper was little he would have all blue on with a baseball cap and people would still call him a girl. Later i thought it was funny to see how many people would call him a girl. it kindof turned into a game.

Ashley said...

I've been to that resort, and it is a blast. The lazy river is my favorite part. I love the pierced ears. Chris didn't want any part of Kiley's either; she ended up having to wait till she was five because Daddy wouldn't budge on the idea!