Friday, May 1, 2009

TRAGEDY!

Sooo...tragedy struck exactly two weeks ago today.  Which is the reason I haven't posted on my blog recently.  I feel like a complete idiot.  I am going to make a confession, so here it goes.................


I RAN OVER MY CAMERA!!!!!!

Yes, with my car!!!  I know many of you are thinking "How the HECK does someone RUN OVER a camera?????!!!"  Well, it really was a series of unfortunate events.  We were taking dinner to our friends who had just had a baby (congratulations David and Margaret!) and at the last minute, running out the door, I realized I had almost forgotten my camera.  So I grabbed it and we took off.  Well, while we were there I wanted to get some pictures of Brooklee with baby David.  I looked everywhere for my camera.  I tore the car apart looking for it and it was frustrating the heck out of me that I couldn't find it because I knew I had put it in my diaper bag.  So I left Sam and Brooklee there and ran home to see if I had dropped it outside on the way to the car.  I looked all over our house and driveway and didn't find it, so I headed back to David and Margaret's.   

Well....when I was pulling in to the driveway I see a little black case, right where I had originally been parked.  I thought that for sure the camera was fine.  It would have had to been dropped in exactly the right place for me to have run over it.  Well, that is exactly what happened.  It must have fallen right behind the tire.  I ran over it on my way back to the house to find it!  I guess it fell out of the diaper bag while I was going around the car to get Brooklee out.  I don't think I have ever been so sick to my stomach.  This really has been the story of my life for the past few months.  I think I am losing it!!!  We had only had the camera for just over a month!  Anyway, I don't like posting without pictures, but I figured I should post an explanation for not posting!!!!  Hopefully my new camera gets here soon or else you probably won't hear from me for a while!!!  Hopefully our next camera lasts a little longer than this one did!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oooo, that sucks! I'm sorry. Don't feel bad. It totally sounds like something I would do. I would feel sick to my stomach too. I wish I had a camera to lend you until you get a new one but we only have one that ISN'T broken....