Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Baby Turns 1...AAAAAHHHH!

My beautiful little baby Allie turned 1 Year old on Saturday, May 28th! I cannot believe how the time has flown and I have absolutely loved every second of it! I haven't taken her in for her year check-up yet so I am not sure of her stats as of now, but she is a chunky little monkey and we love it! Our nickname for her is squishy :o) She is getting around everywhere by crawling (she is stinkin fast!) and walking along furniture. I'm thinking she will be walking in the next couple of weeks. As of today, she has 2 teeth on the bottom, 2 on the top middle, and the 2 on either side of the top ones are working there way out (which explains the grumpiness lately:o). She loves to eat (go figure:o) especially whatever we are eating. She is not much into baby food, she likes things that are more solid. She is down to just a few bottles a day and I am planning cutting back on the formula and switching to whole milk in the next couple weeks.

Allie is such funny little girl. She fake laughs ALL the time, especially when other people are laughing. She loves her big sister so much and has the most high-pitched squeal whenever she sees her. They fight over toys a lot because Brooklee is so used to having whatever she wants, but now that Allie is older, she is holding her own! It is so hilarious to see them scuffle over a toy! It's funny how fast they learn! I think I am in for it with these two!

Anyway, we celebrated Allie's birthday on Friday, the 27th. We had our family over for dinner and cake and it was a lot of fun. Here are some pics of her big day...

I had to put this picture in :o) It is just a classic Allie face. I was trying to take a picture of her and at the last minute, she came after me trying to grab the camera:o)
It is so hard to get a picture of Allie looking at the camera and smiling, so I just have to get candids when other people make her smile.
Here is my cute little girl laughing at the kids on the hammock!

She was so funny opening presents! She loves paper (she especially likes to eat it) so she tore open the presents and played with the boxes...who cares about the toys, right?

I made Allie her own little cake and let her dig in. Despite what her facial expression says, she acutally liked it, for a little while anyway.

Here is a picture of her standing up on her own. She balances really well, she is just a scaredy cat about moving her feet on her own.

Here is our Allie-gator stealing someones cup.

And last but not least, here is Brooklee enjoying the cake at Allie's party. She usually has a hard time with other people's birthday partys, but she seemed to get that this one was for Allie. She stills asks me at least once a day if it is her birthday yet. We have a long 5 months ahead of us!!!

4 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

So cute! They look so much alike! Happy Birthday little cutie!

Rheslie said...

Cutie cute cute! And Oh what I wouldn't give for a yard and a nice cool night. It looks like so much fun!

DeWitts said...

she can't be one yet. your girls are so cute.

Lindsay said...

I can't believe Allie is already 1!!! Happy Be-lated Birthday. Emily your girls as SO stinking cute.